Canadian Viewpoint is pleased to be responsible for the fieldwork for this important study. Below are a few details from their research. You can download the entire report here.
With cannabis legalization increasing across the United States and recreational legalization coming to Canada in 2018, Van der Pop sought to better understand the role cannabis plays in the lives of women. To do this, we surveyed 1,530 North American women about their perceptions, consumption and interests with the hope of facilitating more meaningful conversations that reflect the needs of real women.
HIGH FIVE FACTS
- For women interested in trying cannabis, 90% claim the desire is for medicinal reasons
- 70% of women feel a friend’s recommendation plays a key role in their purchase decision
- 42% stated their last cannabis purchase was spontaneous
- 39% of those who haven’t tried cannabis listed not liking the idea of smoking as a primary reason
- Only 10% of women cited anti-drug campaigns as a reason for not having tried cannabis
You might like to read these:
- What are the advantages of the IHUT research methodology?
Canadian Viewpoint is an MRIA Gold Seal field and data collection company that specializes in English and French Canada. Our offline and online services include sample, programming, hosting, mall intercepts, pre-recruits, central location recruitment, mystery shopping, site interviews, IHUTs, sensory testing, discussion boards, CATI, facial coding, and other innovative technologies. Learn more about our services on our website.