Canadian Viewpoint is a medium sized market research firm in Richmond Hill, Ontario, immediately north of Toronto (Don Mills and Highway 7), with 30 years of experience in qualitative, quantitative, and new research technologies. We know Canadian research better than anyone. We’ve fielded millions of surveys, completed thousands of face-to-face interviews, and recruited thousands of focus group participants. And, we’ve built cool new technology that allows our clients to conduct eye-tracking, to heat maps, facial coding, and more. We love giving our clients a full set of customizable options to meet their various needs.
Hours/Schedule: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus commission. Benefits included.
The Account Manager runs their own show as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to their clients. They are responsible for building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships, and ensuring positive client experiences.
Ultimately, the successful Account Manager will collaborate with our management team to achieve, and hopefully exceed, sales quotas and grow the business. The process of growing the business will involve identifying and contacting relevant potential clients, recognizing how we can best meet their needs, proving to them that our products and services satisfy those needs better than the competition, closing sales such that clients agree the terms and conditions, and providing after-sales service that leads to repeat business. Because retaining clients is vastly more efficient than attracting new ones!
The individual filling this role will be process-driven, proactively manage the project lifecycle, and show an unwavering commitment to exceeding client expectations. Further, the Account Manager will ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and to client specifications. The Account Manager will also troubleshoot and problem solve throughout the lifecycle of the projects/studies to ensure the client is happy with their outcome.
This position requires a strong technical aptitude, energetic drive, and the ability to multitask and prioritize.
Typical work activities will include:
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with clients
- Arranging appointments with clients, which can include pre-arranged appointments or making ‘cold’ calls after carefully researching and understanding a potential client’s needs
- Making sales presentations to clients whether at the CVI or client offices, or at third party venues such as restaurants, hotels, or conference venues as needed by the client
- Developing strategies to increase opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in various industries such as market research, consumer packaged goods, medical, and advertising industries
- Managing budgets (e.g., sales activities, advertising, conferences, hospitality)
- Keeping detailed records in Salesforce
- Planning work, schedules, and weekly and monthly timetables, with the involvement of various team members or your supervisor
- Regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations, and briefings in person at the CanView central office.
- Staying up to date with competitors’ products
- Staying informed about the activities of market research services in Canada, North America, and globally.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent customer service experience, ideally in the market research industry
- Passion to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- General understanding of market research principles
- Understanding of sampling methodology, incidence rates, quotas, and response rates
- Knowledge of popular research methods, e.g., questionnaires, focus groups, interviews, mall intercepts, shelf-tests, mystery shopping, central location recruits
- Familiar with and keen to learn more about newer research methods, e.g., eye-tracking, heatmaps, facial coding, online qualitative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and presentation skills
- Active listener with demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter, driven, quick to follow through, able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Ability to think outside the box to solve problems and create solutions
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work outside of typical work hours as needed by clients
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Occasional travel may be required for pitches and conferences
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity among our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also admire musical abilities and are still hoping to add a bass player or vocalist to our in-house band that already includes guitar, trumpet, and voice.
Please click here to email your resume and cover letter.