Canadian Viewpoint is a medium sized market research firm in Richmond Hill, Ontario, immediately north of Toronto, with almost 40 years of experience in qualitative, quantitative, and new research technologies. We know Canadian research better than anyone. We’ve fielded millions of surveys, completed thousands of face-to-face interviews, and recruited thousands of focus group participants. And, we’ve built cool new technology that allows our clients to conduct eye-tracking, to heat maps, facial coding, and more. We love giving our clients a full set of customizable options to meet their various needs.
The Project Manager orchestrates the show on their projects to ensure a positive client experience and that their projects complete on-time, on-budget and to specification.
The individual filling this role will be process-driven, proactively manage the project life cycle, and show an unwavering commitment to exceeding client expectations. The Project Manager will also troubleshoot and problem solve throughout the life cycle of the projects/studies to ensure the client is happy with their outcome.
This position requires a strong technical aptitude, energetic drive, and the ability to multitask and prioritize.
Typical work activities will include:
- Co-ordinate and lead kick off calls with the client to:
- Review questionnaire document
- Confirm that project specs match quotation specs
- Confirm client’s expected timeline
- Brief staff as/if required: ie. brief mall or on-site face-to-face studies with interviewers and supervisors in Toronto or/and other locations
- Manage survey programming/testing using internal and external resources
- Liaise between the client and programming during client link review and feedback
- Ensure survey quotas and sample plan meet expectations
- Report on all key survey metrics after pre-testing including net expected incidence and interview length
- Provide regular study performance field updates to client and/or client service person while monitoring projects in–field to ensure that deadlines are met
- Escalate quickly internally if a project falls off course
- Manage third party translation as/if required
- Co-ordinate tabulation/coding as/if required
- Ensure that project files are organized, up-to-date and archived regularly
- Manage sample
- Acts as troubleshooter and problem solver throughout life cycle of project/study, immediately reporting any issues to client service person.
* As a mid-sized company, we must all wear multiple hats and sometimes take on responsibilities outside of our standard job description.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent customer service or project management experience, ideally in the market research industry
- Passion to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- General understanding of market research principles
- Better understanding of sampling methodology, incidence rate, quotas, and response rates
- Knowledge of popular research methods, e.g., questionnaires, focus groups, interviews, mall intercepts, shelf-tests
- Familiar with and keen to learn more about newer research methods, e.g., eye-tracking, heatmaps, facial coding, online qualitative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and presentation skills
- Active listener with demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter, driven, quick to follow through, able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Ability to think outside the box to solve problems and create solutions
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work outside of typical work hours as needed by clients
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year of relevant experience
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity among our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also admire musical abilities and would like to add a bass player or vocalist to our in-house band that already includes guitar, trumpet, and voice.
Please apply via email (careers at canview dot com) or Indeed.